Canon is the world’s best imaging company – driven to enrich people’s lives and businesses with innovative products and smart digital solutions. Today we are a truly global brand, constantly challenging ourselves to find new ways of adding value through our growing portfolio of services and solutions. Across the EMEA region, we employ 18,000 people. Together we work in a respectful yet ambitious environment – collaborating to achieve the exceptional for our customers and always honouring our corporate philosophy of Kyosei, ‘to live and work together for the common good’.
We are recruiting for a
Automation Engineer (f/m/d) IP Semiconductor
to provide software and automation support on Canon semiconductor equipment to customers in Germany and secondly to other sites throughout Europe.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain machine control and automation systems of semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Assist customers to integrate semiconductor equipment into factory automation environment
- Evaluate and test customized automation platforms and solutions
- Troubleshoot systems, analyze data and work closely with internal technical experts
- Collaborate with customer’s equipment and automation engineers as well as own service and application specialists on-site and remotely
- Develop and maintain training manuals and provide hands-on teaching
- Engineering or computer science qualification to degree level or comparable vocational training or work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, relevant experience in an industrial automation environment
- Working knowledge of computer infrastructure, network architecture and administration of Linux systems
- Knowledge of automation schemes and standards is of advantage (SECS/GEM, Interface A, SEMI)
- High level of customer orientation
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Fluent English speaker (Communication skills - both written and verbal)
- Basic Japanese language skills
- Comfortable with travel
Qualification & Competencies
- Strong technical communication skills with ability to simplify complex ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking with attention to detail
- High ambiguity tolerance
- High attraction to technology and knowledge
- Self-motivated, take initiative and work effectively in a team and remote environment
- Ability to maintain efficient working levels when under pressure
- Ability to integrate into cross-functional teams
- Comfortable in an intercultural work environment
We will support you via an "On-The-Job-Training". The Automation Engineer (f/m) typically provides coaching and guidance to engineering colleagues and technical guidance and training to customers on a broad of software issues. The emphasis of the Automation Engineer (f/m) position is on the provision of equipment support as well as specific project work as the business demands.
Create a successful future with us. Apply now and explore your own career options.