- Diese Jobs könnten auch interessant sein:
Deine letzte Suche ergab leider keine Treffer.
Es könnte helfen, entweder mit einem anderen oder ohne Stichwort zu suchen.
Registrierte Nutzer können darüber hinaus ihre Suche speichern, um beispielsweise via E-Mail über passende Stellenangebote informiert zu werden, sobald diese verfügbar werden.Jetzt Registrieren
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Job Title: Associate Editor or Editor (Commissioning)
Location: London, Heidelberg, New York and Philadelphia
Permanent, Full Time Role
Closing date: Sunday 27th February 2022
The Medicine and Life Sciences team is responsible for publishing more than 700 peer-reviewed journals across a wide range of biology and biomedicine. Our vision is to create programs that lead their respective fields by attracting quality content, launching the right journals at the right time, and building strong partnerships with our external Editors and Societies – to become one better business and lead in the transition to open research in a sustainable way.
The Editor role is a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of journals, in a supportive team focused environment. You will be involved in coordinating commissioning projects to acquire high quality content for a selection of Medicine and Life Science titles, supporting the internal publishing editors and external academic editors across the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with members of the Medicine and Life Sciences team, tailoring your level of support to meet the needs of individuals and journals
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with academic editors, Editorial Boards, society executives and other key contacts in the field
- Work with publishing editors, external academic editors and Editorial Board Members to obtain suggestions of topics and authors for commissioned content
- Plan and drive the commissioning of content by proactively suggesting topics
- Liaise with authors to ensure that commissioned content is submitted to agreed deadlines
- Plan and prioritise workload according to the needs of journals and their editors
- Monitor and track progress of commissioned content acquisition across the portfolio, analysing and reporting on progress in order to optimise support
- Share knowledge and advice with colleagues to support their own commissioning projects
- Build knowledge of the field and the relevant scientific communities to identify commissioning opportunities. This will involve engaging with senior scientists and obtaining their advice
- Educated to degree level in a life science or biomedical science discipline
- Proven knowledge of publishing process and related matters
- Keen interest in open access publishing
- Proven administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent critical appraisal and problem solving skills
- Takes ownership to drive and complete tasks
- Proven ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Strong attention to detail/high accuracy
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- Previous experience working in the publishing industry
- Previous experience of content acquisition
Springer Nature employees are continuing to work from home at this point in time though working in office is possible dependant on your preferred location. When employees return to the offices hybrid working will be introduced globally.
At Springer Nature, we’re committed to creating a great working environment which includes the benefits you receive, opportunities for you to develop your skills and ways to network and get to know your colleagues. Some of these include:
- Support networks that focus on fostering dialogue around diversity, community building, advice and advocacy
- Wellbeing initiatives to support in maintaining a healthy work life balance
- 24 hour access to our learning and development platform Leap to help develop your skill
Further information about life at Springer Nature, hybrid working and the range of benefits available in your preferred location will be shared during the interview process.